Chair: Dr DZAGLI Milohum Mikesokpo, Associate Professor
Our group has acquired tools and techniques in optics and Photonics with the financial supports from ISESCO and TWAS. Our research is devoted to studies of samples in the agriculture (food quality) of medicinal plants and its uses, microscopy studies for molecular detection in order to be applied in diagnosis of infectious diseases such as malaria, etc., atmospheric and environmental monitoring in industrial zones and towns by different available techniques and nanotechnology applications.
Imaging & Microscopy
Our group is working in imaging microscopy to develop a potential multiphoton microscopy technique for detecting specific UV-visible frequency sum signals of optically active materials exhibiting second-order non-linear effects. This microscope will be used to:
- both fast and deep imaging in living organisms;
- exploit the non-linear properties of certain molecules to identify and image them from therapeutic solutions based on medicinal plants;
- image biological media such as blood and skin for the detection of infected red blood cells in the early diagnosis of malaria;
- Characterize wastewater to detect different pollutants and their concentrations,
Theoretical methods and models based on the optical properties of certain target molecules and the influence of physicochemical parameters of the environment on these properties will be used to investigate the nonlinear properties of media.
The technical development of Reflectance and fluorescence spectroscopy is proposed for improving agriculture crops and diagnostic tools for plant stress investigating.
UV-Vis and Raman spectroscopy technique is proposed for food and beverage analysis to detect pesticides, fungicides, herbicides and other unwanted chemicals present in these products
Nanotechnology, Bio sensing and biomedical applications
Our group is using spectroscopic techniques to perform antimicrobial essays of nanoformulations based on zinc oxide nanoparticles with phyto-compounds extracted from medicinal plants for malaria treatment and for destructive larvae of plants and animal pests;
Our group is working in environmental and atmospheric monitoring in industrial zones and towns by different techniques in collaboration with colleagues from UBB Cluj Napoca, Romania. It consists of investigation on pollutants gases, heavy metal in soil, groundwater, leaves and in the atmosphere.
Materials and solar energy
Our group is working in studies of properties of materials (thin films, etc.) as optical, magnetic and electrical and its applications. Theoretical methods and models are used for optical, structural and compositional analysis for new material for applications in energy saving and solar energy. This is Possible in collaboration with IEMN Lille, France.
List of Publications
- Influence of doping level and surface states in tunneling spectroscopy of an In0.53Ga0.47As quantum well grown on p-type doped InP(001)
N. A. Franchina Vergel, A. Tadjine, V. Notot, M. Mohr, A. Kouassi N’Guissan, C. Coinon, M. Berthe, L. Biadala, K. K. Sossoe, M. M. Dzagli, J.-C. Girard, G. Rodary, L. Desplanque, R. Berndt, D. Stiévenard, X. Wallart, C. Delerue, and B. Grandidier, (2019), Phys. Rev. Materials, 3, 094604.
- Description and Comparison of Aerosol Properties over Cluj-Napoca – Romania and Koforidua – Ghana, Using Aeronet Network Data
Mignanou Yawovi AMOUZOUVI, Milohum Mikesokpo DZAGLI, Horaţiu ŞTEFӐNIE, Carmen Andreea ROBA, Alexandru MEREUŢӐ, Alexandru OZUNU, Sharon SAPPOR, (2019), STUDIA UBB AMBIENTUM, LXIV (1), 5-17
- DETERMINATION OF SPONTANEOUS EMISSION RATE AND CARRIER RECOMBINATION CHANNELS IN GaInAsSb/AlGaAsSb MULTIPLE QUANTUM WELL LASER DIODES EMITTING NEAR 2.3 µm
Gadedjisso-Tossou, K.S., Dzagli, M.M., Mohou, M.A. and Rouillard, Y. (2019), Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences, 11 (2), 901-913. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4314/jfas.v11i2.23
- Contribution of the Satellite Observation on the Analysis and the Forecast of the State of Air Pollution in TOGO
Amouzouvi Mignanou Yawovi, Sagna Koffi, Dzagli Milohum Mikesokpo, Edjame Sidéra Kodjovi, Mohou Agbéko Messanh, (2019), American Journal of Environmental Protection, 8(1), 31-38
- Chemical nature of the anion antisite in dilute phosphide GaAs1−xPx alloy grown at low temperature
T. Demonchaux, K. K. Sossoe, M. M. Dzagli, J. P. Nys, M. Berthe, D. Troadec, A. Addad, M. Veillerot, G. Patriarche, H. J. von Bardeleben, M. Schnedler, C. Coinon, I. Lefebvre, M. A. Mohou, D. Stiévenard, J. F. Lampin, Ph. Ebert, X. Wallart, and B. Grandidier, (2018), PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS, 2 104601
- Fluorescence spectra of chloroplast from (Carica papaya) pawpaw’s green leaves by solvent extraction
Milohum M. Dzagli, Kossi B. Afoudji, Kodjo K. Sossoe, Komlan S. Gadedjisso-Tossou, Messanh Mohou, (2017), International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies, 19(3) 724-728
- Spectroscopic Studies on Extracts of Moringa Oleifera Leaves for Biosensing: Adsorption of Gold Nanospheres on Chloroplasts
Milohum M. Dzagli, Kodjo K. Sossoe, Komlan S. Gadedjisso-Tossou, Messanh A. Mohou, Sanda Boca, Simion Astilean and Jérémie Zoueu, (2016), ISESCO JOURNAL of Science and Technology, 12 (22), 33-37
- Évaluation du courant d’obscurité des couches actives de photodétecteurs à base de GaAs
DZAGLI M. M., SOSSOE K. K., LAMBERT Y., GADEDJISSO-TOSSOU K. S., MOHOU M. A. et GRANDIDIER B., (2016), J. Rech. Sci. Univ. Lomé (Togo), Série E, 18(3) 195-201
- Optical and structural characterization of pin photodetector based on germanium nanocrystals for third generation solar cells
K.K. Sossoe, M.M. Dzagli, K.S. Gadedjisso -Tossou, A.M. Mohou, B. Grandidier, (2016), Journal of Nano- and Electronic Physics, 8 (4) 04035(5pp)
- Desorption of Te capping layer from ZnTe (100): Auger spectroscopy, low-energy electron diffraction and scanning tunneling microscopy
Sossoe, K. K., Dzagli, M. M., Sylla, A., Grandidier, B., Mohou, M. A., Zoueu, T. J., & Toure, S, (2016), Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences, 8 (1), 73-8
- Tunneling spectroscopy of p-type doping in silicon from boron-containing molecular monolayer
K.K. Sossoe, C. Durand, L. Mathey, T. Alphazan, A. Sylla, M.M. Dzagli, M.A.Mohou, J.P. Nys, M. Berthe, C. Thieuleux, C. Copéret, J.P. Barnes, B. Grandidier, (2016), Microelectronic Engineering, 149 125–128, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mee.2015.10.002
- Opto-electrical characteristics and tunability of mid-infrared quantum cascade alpes lasers
M.M. Dzagli, M.A. Mohou and K.S. Gadedjisso-Tossou, (2014), Journal of Applied Science and Technology (JAST), 19 (1 & 2), 25 – 30
- Investigation on Gold Nanorods Conjugated with L-Cysteine and Their Applications
M. M. Dzagli, F. Toderas, M. A. Mohou and S. Astilean, (2012), The African Review of Physics, 7, 475-480
- Measuring the size of the proton
Andrea Vacchi, Andrzej Adamczak, Benjamin Andreson, Dimitar Bakalov, Giuseppe Battistoni, Nandini Bhattacharya, Mirko Boezio, Maurizio Bonesini, Walter Bonvicini, Miltcho Danailov, Alexander Demidovich, Milohum Dzagli, Komlan Gadedjisso -Tossou, Joe Niemela, Roberta Ramponi, Lyubomir Stoychev, Michail Stoilov, Kumar Sumeet, Paul Urbach, and Nicola Zampa, (2012), SPIE Newsroom, Sensing & Measurement, DOI: 10.1117/2.1201207.004274, http://spie.org/newsroom/4274-measuring-the-size-of-theproton? ArticleID=x88359
- Study of the interaction between CdSe/ZnS core-shell quantum dots and bovine serum albumin by spectroscopic techniques
M. M. Dzagli, V. Canpean, M. Iosin, M. A. Mohou, S. Astilean, (2010), Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 215, 118–122
- Etude du courant inverse des photodiodes pin des composes III-V
DZAGLI Milohum Mikesokpo, MOHOU Messanh Agbeko, (2010), J. Rech. Sci. Univ. Lomé (Togo), Série E, 12(1), 17-25
- Formation of gold nanoparticles aggregates by chemical cross-linking: Uv-visible spectroscopy and surface -enhanced raman scattering studies
M.M. Dzagli, S. Boca, M. A. Mohou, and S. Astilean, (2009), Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Physica, 2, 15-22
- Etude du champ lointain de la double hétérostructure laser GaInAsSb /GaAlAsSb
Messanh A Mohou, Milohum M Dzagli, Komlan S Gadedjisso-Tossou, (2009), Afrique SCIENCE, 05(1), 58-66.
- Etudes des paramètres des lasers à double hétérostructure
MOHOU AM, DZAGLI MM, GADEDJISSO-TOSSOU KS, (2008), Rev. Ivoir. Sci. Technol.12, 11-20,